How to protect your roof
Roof upkeep is too often ignored and most business owners don’t give their roof any thought until it’s too late. A small roof problem can lead to expensive repairs or even an entire roof replacement. Your roof plays and important role and its best to keep your roof protected.
The roof is the important section of your business and is the only thing that protects your business from any bad weather. If you have a roof that is in great shape then you are prepared for any damaging weather. If you are not, than you may not be so lucky and could face serious damage. With rainy season right around the corner, it’s a good time to start maintaining your roof.
What causes roof damage?
- Hot summers
- Ventilation and insulation
Here are a few tips you should keep in mind so that your roof is always up to the task of protecting your business;
- Check your downspouts
- Check sprinklers and irrigations
- Make sure your gutters are cleaned. Pay special attention to gutters when seasons change. You could also install gutter guards.
- Make sure that your roof is free of leaves and free of debris. You can also trim any branches that may be hanging.
- Check and make sure there aren’t any missing or curled shingles
- Never let thick snow lay on the roof for too long.
- Check the area for tree limbs, and loose building materials.
- Inspect metal areas for any rust
- Check for any sign of algae or fungus
Best Roofing offer a free commercial roof analysis. Don’t wait until it’s too late, get your free commercial roof analysis today! If you need a roof inspection or roof maintenance just call us, we solve roof problems.