This past Saturday we hosted one of our vendors, Republic Powdered Metals (RPM) for a demonstration of all their products at our warehouse for our account managers and estimators. Something we call "Best Roofing University," a series of internal product knowledge classes. This session concentrated on a variety RPM products used for waterproofing, weatherproofing, and reflective coatings for built-up and modified Bitumen roofs as well as wall substrates from masonry walls (from metal to stucco).
In our next post we'll be presenting a case study of a roof coating system we installed.
Lets Look At Some Restoration Advantages From a Building Owner Standpoint....
- Significant savings with restoration vs replacement (providing you know where you roof is in it's life cycle)
- Virtually no disruption of business during installation
- Lower maintenance costs
- Significant energy savings ( The U.S. EPA states that cool roofs can save from 20-70% in annual cooling costs)
- No tear off; no landfill issues or fees
- Restoration can usually be repeated
FACTOID: "coatings are not paint. roof coatings are designed to extend the life of your roof."
How Do You Know if Your Roof Qualifies for a Roof Coating?
Before a coating system can be selected or even recommended, a complete inspection of your roof systems needs to be conducted to determine your roof's condition and problems. Several key areas need to be inspected and assessed such as the type of your current roofing system, the condition of the roof surface, flashings and penetrations.