Slate Roofing Systems are time-tested and known for consistent performance. Slate Roofing tiles are manufactured from natural slate produced in the earth. Its density and tough exterior make for remarkable seal and leak protection. While pure slate is the optimal choice, the roofing industry today uses carefully engineered synthetic slate to achieve the same consistent performance at a more affordable price.
Benefits of Slate Roofing System
- Fireproof and Wind-Resistant
- No Cleaning Required
- Long-term Reliability
Synthetic Slate..A Synthetic Roof that Looks so Genuine Only Your Roofer will Know It's Not From Nature...
We understand that endurance and low life cycle cost are the keys to sustainable design. Roofs needing frequent maintenance and replacement after only 15-20 years consume valuable energy and resources from manufacturing through removal and disposal, and they increase landfill problems. Synthetic Slate Roofing Systems are virtually maintenance-free and backed by a 50-year warranty from our manufacturer. You benefit from the beauty of quarried slate, at a fraction of the cost.
With a Synthetic Slate roof, you will enjoy:
- A lightweight option that can be installed on most buildings and homes.
- A carefully crafted synthetic slate roofing material displaying rough edges and natural stone–like surface textures.
- A synthetic slate with a natural thickness that casts deep shadow lines.
- A color scheme that perfectly mimics nature, yet with our wide array of color options.
- A synthetic slate roof that looks like quarried slate because the roof field has so many different tile widths.
Sustainable From Start to Finish...
Natural slate roofs present other problems. The quarrying process consumes large amounts of labor and fuel and can be harmful to the local ecosystem. Up to 15% of natural slate tiles also crack or break up during installation so waste is significant. Because the synthetic tiles weigh one-third as much as natural slate of comparable thickness, transportation energy costs and carbon emissions are lower.